Friday, July 24, 2009

Safeway Shopping Trips


Here's how Coupon Clippin Mama did...

Well, I am now a firm believer in shopping at Safeway! I've been testing it out to see if it is worth shopping at a higher-end store. The nearest Safeway is 15-20 minutes away from where I live, but it has been proven to be worth the drive! I saw better savings today than I have seen at Walmart!

Here's what I got:

All of the above should have cost me $62.41

Here's the breakdown:

Honey Nut Cheerios (4)
- Reg. $3.49
- On sale for $1.50
- Used $1.00 coupon from HERE
TOTAL = $0.50 each!

Fresh Express Salad (4)
- Reg. $2.69
- On sale for $1
- Used $1.00 coupon from blinkie @ Bel-Air
TOTAL = FREE!!!

Kraft Cheese
- Reg. $3.49
- On sale for $2.49
- Use in-ad coupon
TOTAL = $0.99

Wacky Mac Pasta (4)
- Reg. $1.99
- On sale for $0.99
- Used two, $0.75 coupons & two, $0.50 off coupons
TOTAL = $1.46 for all 4!

Soft Scrub Scrubby Pads
- Reg. $4.99
- On sale for $3.49
- Used $1.00 off coupon from HERE
- Also use in-ad coupon
TOTAL = $0.99

Artisan Filone Asiago Cheese Bread
- $1.19
- Use in-ad coupon
TOTAL = $0.69

Hillshire Farms - various (4)
- Reg. $4.99
- On sale for $1.99
- Used $1/2 coupon from 6/21 SS
TOTAL = $1.49 each

GRAND TOTAL = $12.09

I also got back 3 catalinas......2 coupons, each for a FREE box of Betty Crocker fruit snacks and 1 coupon good for $2 off of 5 General Mills cereal.


2 comments:

  1. WOW! You are motivating me - just figuring out how I get started. I shop at Safeway and have wanted to start seeing how I can do with coupons but I didn't know if it mean going from store to store and I just don't have time for that. Does Safeway accept competitor coupons? or do you do most of this with manufacture coupons? Can you use more than one manufacture coupons per item? I am trying to figure out how you and Amy are doing this. You inspire me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy. Amy has inspired me so much!!! I am so glad she tested out this whole coupon thing :)
    Safeway has the ClubCard and they have store coupons, most of which can be loaded to your Safeway ClubCard, you can also use Manufacture Coupons and internet printable coupons.
    *Internet coupons can only be used for 50% of the value* $1 off can be used on a $2 product but not a $1.75 or $1.00 product.
    You can STACK coupons. Store coupons with Manufacture coupons(m.c.). This is where you'll get the greatest savings!

    You can only use ONE coupon per item, but like I said you can stack, store & M.C.
    I am not sure about competitors coupons, I will have to ask.

    If you have any questions feel free to ask away!!! I am happy to help you save money!

    ReplyDelete